Senior Spotlight: Alice Joseph

Alice Joseph, one of the Park Press’ newest members, is finishing up her senior year at Wheeling Park High School. Joseph is a three year member, and captain of the debate team, and participates in Park Player’s thespian club. 

“I think what really led me there was taking intro my freshman year,” said Joseph. “Because I’d always wanted to get more involved with performing arts, so that’s why I took the class and it sorta led me into finding that I was more interested in debate.”

“I had a lot of passion for theater, and performing on stage. So I think it was ultimately speech and theater class that did that for me” said Joseph. 

Joseph plans on attending Marshall University, majoring in forensics cyber security and a minor in English.

“My inspiration is probably my mother. She’s an extremely hard worker, and she is also a woman in the STEM field so I look up to her a lot” said Joseph when I asked who her inspiration is.

Alice Joseph is loved by many at Park, including students and teachers. 

Mrs. Kayla Nelson, a debate coach, English, and CP Communications class teacher at Wheeling Park has worked with Joseph for three years. 

“She has always been kind of timid- until she gets up to a podium. And that’s where Alice shines, because she’s just so brilliant, and I would like to listen to her speak for hours because what she says is powerful and impactful” said Nelson. 

Joseph has such a wonderful, bright personality, and Wheeling Park High School would not nearly be the same without her.

“She’s kind, she takes novices under her wing and teaches them everything that she knows” said Nelson when asked about Joseph’s personality traits.

“I think that she’s also very empathetic and sympathetic when she needs to be as a captain because people always feel comfortable talking to her,” said Nelson. 

Alice Joseph is an important puzzle piece of the Debate team, the Park Press, and theater member here at Park and will be missed dearly after graduation. 

Her impact on the school and everything she participates in will never be forgotten.