Cutest Senior Couple: Brendan and Julie

Brendan and Julie started dating at age 13 and 14 when Julie’s family moved into Brendan’s neighborhood, but because of their parent’s friendship, the couple has known each other since preschool. They hit it off right away as neighbors, and have been together since then. 

Nearly five years later, the longtime couple is navigating the waters of college and their futures. They are both planning to attend WVU where Brendan wants to study biology and Julie wants to become a speech pathologist. 

They both agree that their relationship will stay fairly the same as high school throughout college but are excited for the changes it will bring as well. 

Julie shared how she is looking forward to “a new environment…trying new things, going to new restaurants,” and Brendan added how it will be an easier transition going from being neighbors in Wheeling to neighbors in Morgantown.

After so many years together, Brendan and Julie have practically grown up together, creating a special bond between them. “We share a single brain cell, whenever I think of something you can tell she thinks of it too,” said Brendan. “I don’t know, Julie is somebody that I’ve never had a connection like this with anybody else before. I’ve never been able to express myself with anybody other than Julie.”

Julie said her favorite thing about Brendan is that “he never gives up…[he’s] very compassionate.” She also shared that the two of them share the same humor, “With anybody else, our sense of humor would be terrible. When we joke together, we’re the only ones that think it’s funny.”

The couple agreed that their ideal date night includes a Target run, eating at Chipotle, watching La La Land, and finishing the night with some ice cream cake. 

“Our ideal date night always includes La La Land. I love that movie. It’s our favorite movie, it’s our spirit movie. We’ve learned the whole dance routine for it,” said Brendan.

Both of their love languages are gift giving, which makes them even more compatible. “I love giving you gifts, I look forward to our anniversary…that was the most excited I’ve ever felt, was just getting all your birthday gifts,” said Brendan. 

These middle school sweethearts were on the same page for every topic and their personalities fit together perfectly through their humor, interests, date nights, love languages, and everything in between.