Cutest Sophomore Couple: Helena Auber and Malachi Smith

These couples were nominated and voted for by the student body. These are their love stories.

Malachi Smith and Helena Auber are the embodiment of high school sweethearts. The couple met in middle school, became close in high school, and then became a couple. Currently sophomores, the couple shares some insight about their relationship.

“I thought that he was very quiet, but he got comfortable around me fast. Once he got comfortable, I got to see that he’s a funny and loving person,” said Auber.

While Malachi’s first impression of Helena was a bit different.

“I honestly didn’t think much of her,” said Smith. “I thought she was one of those girls who just stood there and looked pretty without even trying.”

The couple is very close with each other, but when Helena introduced Malachi to her family, they got even closer.

“When he started to come over to my house more often,” said Auber. “He created a special bond with my family. They adore him so much. It made me happy seeing my boyfriend be comfortable around my family and treat them with nothing but kindness. My family very much approved of him, and ever since then we’ve hung out every weekend.”

The couple shared some advice regarding how to maintain a long and healthy relationship.

“Never give up on each other,” said Smith. “Be supportive and communicate, communication is key in a relationship.”

As Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and there is love in the air, there is no denying that Malachi and Helena are the cutest couple in town.