Departing from Poland: Rafal Rajecki

Recently, Wheeling Park High School has welcomed numerous foreign exchange students. One of these is from Poland! His name is Rafal and he recently transferred to Park.

Coming from a whole different continent is a very tough challenge and has got to be rough. But Rafal is excited to be here. Wheeling is a big difference from Poland, from different languages and customs to even culture. 

“The Staff here is very friendly and nice compared to a Polish high school. My counselor, Ms. Jones, has been very welcoming. My favorite class has to be forensic science which is taught by Ms. Dixon. There are so many classes here it’s a little overwhelming. It’s my third day and I’m already trying to make friends,” Rajecki said. 

Here at Park we have many different classes. Being at the palace on the hill comes with a lot of perks and opportunities.Hopefully Park gives him the right idea about the U.S. since this is his first ever time here! He expressed that he is very excited about the school year and hopes to make friends. Make sure everyone welcomes Rafal!