Senior Spotlight: Shannon Wack

Shannon Wack is a senior here at Wheeling Park High School who is adored by many. She has been involved in a multitude of activities including the girls’ volleyball team, the orchestra, and the Park Press. She plans to attend Chatham University and study psychology, communications, or social work.

She is a member of the National Honors Society and Drug-Free Clubs of America, as well as a freshman mentor, REAP counselor, Green Club officer, and Key Club officer. Shannon loves to volunteer and build Wheeling’s community by volunteering and working around town.

“I’ve really enjoyed my time here at Park. They offer their students various extracurricular activities which I’ve taken part in. Without Park, I would have never been able to experience different activities and clubs that I know love and devote so much time towards. This school has prepared me for college and shaped me into who I am today,” said Shannon, “I will truly miss my friends at Park and the family I have created here.”

“Shannon is a wonderful person and I really enjoy teaching her. She is very enthusiastic and works hard at what she gives her time to. She’s come a long way in the four years she’s been at Park. She’s always responsible. She does exactly what I tell her to do. She doesn’t argue. That’s what makes a good student and a good person,” said Wheeling Park strings teacher, Ben Podolski. 

“Shannon has been one of my best friends since literally the fourth grade, and she is the funniest person I know. She’s the type of friend that makes my ugly laugh come out when I’m around her, she is so funny. Not only is she the funniest person I know, she’s also the sweetest most genuine person of all time. She could not hurt a fly, she is just such a gentle human. I love her very much,” said Lauren Erwin one of Shannon’s fellow classmates and best friends.

To know Shannon is to love Shannon. Chatham University’s gain is our loss as we say goodbye to a beloved senior, Shannon Wack.