Mrs. Jeffers- Teacher of the Year

Educators play a crucial role in the development of young minds. Mrs. Jeffers, a math teacher, has been named teacher of the year, which is truly an extraordinary achievement.

She has been an inspiration and role model to many of her students. ““I’m so happy for my mom, she’s definitely deserving. She really cares about learning and understanding. I love getting to go to school with her. She’s also the quizbowl coach, she really cares about us and pushes us to be our best. Her time and dedication doesn’t go unappreciated!” said Patricia Jeffers.

Mrs. Jeffers is not only beloved by her students but her co-workers as well. “Mrs. Jeffers is highly dedicated to her craft and her students. She can be found here hours after school correcting papers and fine tuning instruction so that it better fits her kids. She will take the time with material to be sure that students are able to comprehend the work instead of racing ahead to get through all of the standards. When her students struggle she is genuinely concerned about their performance and how she can enable them to overcome their struggles,” said Mrs. Crews.

Mrs. Jeffers has been an inspiration to many at WPHS. “Mrs. Jeffers brings an energy and enthusiasm to all things math, especially Math Field Day. Her enthusiasm is contagious. Even when she’s having a rough day her students likely don’t know and which has inspired me to remember that our attitude toward the day affects not only us, but our students and we can choose the attitude we exude,” said Mrs. Crews.

School is not always easy, but having a teacher that inspires, and encourages students is truly amazing. Congratulations Mrs. Jeffers!