A Night to Remember
A Night to Remember
February 23, 2024
Photo courtesy of Scott Nolte
The Dancing Queen
February 22, 2024
Me with my three loving grandparents on my sixteenth birthday dinner. My Grandfather Larry, Grandma Alberta, and Grandma Judy.
A Lesson on Grief
February 22, 2024

Diving into the Post-Season

Mr. Cook

Our swim team recently competed at the WVSSAC Region 1 Championship at the Brooke Natatorium on February 3rd.

The girls finished 6th with 48 points, and the following swimmers will attend the WVSAAC State Championship at Mylan Park Aquatics Center: Abby Heilman, Molly George, Audrey Bennett, Sophia Lucas, and Ella Landini.

“I am most looking forward to dropping a lot of time and getting to watch my teammates make and perform at states,” said Abby Heilman. “The season has helped me and the team prepare by building muscle by lifting and conditioning so that it is easier to do our events.”

The boys finished 2nd with 89.5 points, and swimmers, Jackson Kiziminski, Max Hill, Levi Parker, Malachi Smith, Nathan La Magna, and Robert Metz, will be attending states.

“I’ve been preparing for the postseason by training hard and recovering outside of the pool too,” said Levi Parker. “My teammates and I will definitely be prepared for states this year after seeing some of the results from regionals and OVACs.”

Abby Heilman and Levi Parker made the 2024 All-Region team.

Levi Parker also set a school record in the 100 backstroke with a time of 55.57.

Our swim team also competed at the OVAC Championship swim meet on January 20th at Brooke Aquatic Center

The girls had a 6th place finish with 114 points, and the boys finished 2nd with 254 points.

Molly George finished 1st place in the 100 backstroke, Levi Parker finished 1st in the 200 free, and Abby Heilman 1st in the 100 breaststroke.

“OVACs went really well for the entire team with lots of time drops and the guys ended the meet with a runner-up finish,” said Levi Parker about the finish at the OVAC Championship.