A Night to Remember
A Night to Remember
February 23, 2024
Photo courtesy of Scott Nolte
The Dancing Queen
February 22, 2024
Me with my three loving grandparents on my sixteenth birthday dinner. My Grandfather Larry, Grandma Alberta, and Grandma Judy.
A Lesson on Grief
February 22, 2024

High School Royalty: Queen of Queens

2024 Group Photo of Contestants

Senior year is exciting for many, for a multitude of reasons. But for a few senior girls, the annual Queen of Queens Pageant can be the most exciting.

Mrs. Greenwood is the head of the pageant and expresses what this commitment entails.

“Seeing those girls get on stage, shine, be confident, and show their talents takes a lot of bravery to get up there and do that,” Greenwood says.

Not only is performing a large part of the pageant, but the experience plays a big role in the long run.

“My favorite part is always the rehearsals and the behind-the-scenes. Watching the process of them getting to know each other and genuinely supporting each other is just a beautiful thing,” states Greenwood.

These girls showcase their different talents in many ways from person to person. This year’s lineup includes singers, dancers, a monologue, and a violinist.

Kaleigh Miller is one of this year’s pageant contestants. She expresses what she is most looking forward to.

“I’m most looking forward to the competition. It’ll be exciting to see the crowd there,” Miller says.

The girls competing seem to support each other fully and want to see each other succeed.

“It’s been nice to interact with the other girls when we did headshots,” stated Miller.

Including Miller, there is a total of 10 girls competing to become 2024’s Queen of Queens. Those contestants include:

Morgan Skariot

Alice Joseph

Taylor Andrews

Civita Hooper

Kyla Bachie

Lucy Aderholt

Savannah Burkhart

Lily Osborne

Kaleigh Miller

Chloe Humway