A Night to Remember
A Night to Remember
February 23, 2024
Photo courtesy of Scott Nolte
The Dancing Queen
February 22, 2024
Me with my three loving grandparents on my sixteenth birthday dinner. My Grandfather Larry, Grandma Alberta, and Grandma Judy.
A Lesson on Grief
February 22, 2024

Student Spotlight: Aaron Chao

Here at Park sophomore student, Aaron Chao, has quite the long list of extracurricular activities. Like other students he is involved in sports. He currently plays tennis, pickle ball and bowling. However, pickleball has made quite the impression on him. . You may ask yourself, what is pickleball? Pickleball, like many other sports, requires sportsmanship and agility. Pickleball is much like tennis as it requires a net and racket. A hard plastic ball is used instead of a typical tennis ball for less bounce. Pickleball has also made a change in Wheeling Park as well. We now have a pickleball club thanks to Aaron. 

“I enjoy playing all these sports because I feel like it is a good distraction from school work. Even though tennis is my main sport that I focus on, I also enjoy pickleball. The reason I made the club was because I wanted to get people moving and more interested in the sport. I wanted to give people something to do during the activity period as well.”, said Chao. 

Among sports he is also involved in other activities such as pottery and piano. He is also in the linguistics club, where they look into different languages.  They also solve certain puzzles pertaining to these languages. He is also involved in key club. 

“I’ve been doing pottery for 3 years and piano for 10 years. Pottery is a good way for me to relax after a long day at school. I also enjoy piano just as much, it is a good way to relax.”, He said. 

Aaron has big plans for his future at the park and we hope to see him more in the future!