A Night to Remember
A Night to Remember
February 23, 2024
Photo courtesy of Scott Nolte
The Dancing Queen
February 22, 2024
Me with my three loving grandparents on my sixteenth birthday dinner. My Grandfather Larry, Grandma Alberta, and Grandma Judy.
A Lesson on Grief
February 22, 2024

Senior Spot Showdown

Since hearing the rumors of it last year, the current Wheeling Park High School seniors have been anxious to paint senior parking spots. Seeing the normal parking lot slowly transform into multiple squares of art was an amazing sight, and many talented seniors brought their A-game to ensure they had one of the best spots.

The Park Press hand-selected eight spots to have them go head-to-head in a bracket to determine people’s favorite senior parking spot.

After four days of voting, Julie Walters’ spot was voted as the favorite, with Katie Petticord’s spot being the runner-up.

Walters’ spot is a yellow sun with a beautiful purple pattern behind it.

“My design is from Tangled and it’s my all-time favorite movie,” Walters said. “It’s the first thing I thought of to make my parking spot.”

Walters put a lot of work into the quality and meaning of her design.

“I guess it represents me because I love Disney so much,” Walters said. “It’s just what I love. I love art and this movie represents art.”

The back lot has had a major upgrade with the added beauty of the senior’s spots.

If you missed out on senior spot voting, make sure to follow @the_parkpress on Instagram to catch the next one and stay up to date on all things Park Press!