Marching Into Halftime

The marching season has kicked off at Wheeling Park. The Pride of Ohio County has many staff members and students all pitching into the halftime performance. Some personnel include Mr. Birch, the band director; Camdyn Bachman, the drum captain; and Coach Kristen Breen, the majorette coach.

“We tried to feature many of the sections,” said Birch. These features include Landon Smeltz rapping, a tenor saxophone solo by Taylor Antigo, a flute solo by Alyssa Mengu, and a front ensemble. “We had two alumni that wrote the show,” Birch said. However, Mr. Birch himself wrote most of the first song. Mr. Birch was a part of the band his whole life.

Camdyn Bachman has been in the band all four years of high school, specifically the drumline. “The field show theme this year is red, white, and blue mashup,” Bachman said. Her favorite part of the show is the drum break.

Coach Kristen Breen has twirled since she was seven years old and for all four years of high school and two years of college. “It’s kind of like you are scrolling through the radio,” said Breen about the field show. Her favorite part of the show is the visuals and the band’s new addition to the pit.

The band is very thankful for their gracious helpers, like the band parents who run the concession stands at all the home games and all the band sponsors. The band members have put in lots of hard work to make this field show great. If you want to see the band, there are still plenty of opportunities.

The Marching Band’s tentative schedule:

Oglebayfest Parade October 7

at St. Clairsville October 13

Homecoming Parade October 19

Homecoming game against Brooke October 20

Home game against Parkersburg South October 27

at John Marshal November 3

The Cabela Santa’s Parade November 4