PARK Plans to Serve

Samantha Gentle

With their incredible passion and powerful teamwork, the volleyball girls are ready to hit it back into the season. The girls’ next game is a home game on Thursday, September 21st with JV, and varsity playing the Brooke Bruins. With their first game of the season ending in a victory, they will continue on through the year making many achievements. 

Although the team is very successful, they will need to work even harder to beat their biggest rival, John Marshall.

“I think John Marshall just because they are so close to us, we all know each other, and every year it’s always one of the biggest games, and we either win or lose,” said Lily Brinker, varsity CO. captain.

Our Girls’ volleyball team works better together when they have their heads in the game and are focusing on the key to success.

“I think the biggest key to success would be, being mentally strong, and pushing through your mistakes,” said Grace Tamburin, a volleyball team member. “I also think that everyone can work a decent amount harder, and work better as a team, to win more games,” said Tamburin. 

And when the girls are out on the court, they have got to stay motivated even when times are difficult.

“I think my motivation is getting angry, and just thinking that I am better than that, and thinking of making the next ball better, and just mainly doing it for my teammates and being the most hype person on the court,” said Brinker.

“I think the season is going good, we are improving each game, and from last year we just have so much more energy, and just strive to be better, and we push each other every single day, so I think it’s going good, and it is going to be good,” said Brinker.

Home Games:

Sep. 19      Lincoln & Steubenville 

Sep. 21      Brooke

Sep. 26     University

Sep. 28     Morgantown

Sep. 30     Buckhannon Upshur

Oct. 24      Oak Glen (Senior Night)