A ‘Unique’ Perspective

Mrs. Unique Murphy is the social worker at Wheeling Park High School

Mrs. Unique’s goal for the 2023-2024 school year is to improve attendance at the school, especially for people who are struggling at home. Mrs. Unique is the social worker here at Park who helps kids who are struggling at home. She is working closely with the attendance department to address attendance issues this year. Mrs. Unique, located in Student Management, will review every student’s attendance and analyze the students with the lowest attendance to see how she can help.

“I will be focusing on those kids the most because they seem to need the most support,” Mrs. Unique said.

As a social worker, Mrs. Unique has the resources and time to dig deeper into every student’s attendance. She is also working closely with Dr. Maloney on suicide awareness, and they plan to set up tables to help spread awareness. 

“We’re trying to figure out how to combine our efforts in order to look at all the aspects of suicide prevention…she [provides] incentives and bringing awareness-type stuff,” said Dr. Maloney.

Together, they created a video for Developmental Guidance to show helpful people here at the school, and she wants to highlight each counselor to show who to go to if you need help. Mrs. Unique still has her ‘resource closets’ available, including food pantries, clothing, and hygiene closets. If you need any of these resources, see her in Student Management for help. To contact her, email her at [email protected], or just send her a Schoology message!