Categories:

Homecoming Parade 2024

Jameson Maynard is the 2024-2025 Homecoming King. Maynard holds the winning card at the steps of Wheeling Park High School.
Gabrielle Contraguerro
Homecoming king and queen candidates parade on the back of convertibles in a Wheeling Park tradition (Gabrielle Contraguerro)

The homecoming parade began at 6:00 p.m. on October 3rd here at Wheeling Park High School. It featured many clubs from FFA to Paws for a Cause and fall sports programs including the inaugural season for the girls golf team, the boys golf team who is bound for their states competition, the soccer teams, cross country teams, and our football team. The marching band led the spirit of the night with their top notch sound. However, it was the crowning of the king that marked the evening’s top event.

The nominees for king were Gavin Border, Jacob Hays, Coldin Burkhart, Sam Kiger, Trey Kocher, Jameson Maynard, Andrew Seals, Max Seibert, Noah Short, and Jayden Davis-Woods.

The king was announced at the parade. Congratulations to Jameson Maynard for selecting the winning card!

“I feel great about being homecoming king!” said Maynard, “It’s a surreal experience and I am really still in shock.”

The parade is a labor of love for our student life coordinators.

The Cheerleaders are pinked out for the Breast Cancer Awareness game tonight. (Gabrielle Contraguerro)

Ms. Dobrzynski, a social studies teacher and student life coordinator, said that she was very excited about the parade because all teachers, students, and staff all have a role in the parade.

“The preparation for the parade is tedious but very exciting. The signs are all made by the graphic arts department here at Wheeling Park,” said Dobrzynski.

Mr. Nardone, a teacher at Wheeling Park and student life coordinator, said that a lot goes into the parade.

“They have to find trucks, people who drive the candidates; the nominees have to turn in all of their information, etc.” said Mr. Nardone.  “There is so much to do in a short amount of time but every year it always comes out great and that is a reflection on the teachers and students of Wheeling Park.”

It is safe to say that the 2024 homecoming parade was a hit!

$300
$500