Elliana Mccabe looks back on the 2023-2024 school year.
A Year in Review
May 16, 2024
Custom canva design
Take It From Us
May 16, 2024
Runners gliding over hurdles.
Track States
May 15, 2024

College Application Anxiety

Resources and advice to help with college applications.

For many seniors, the topic of the future and plans after graduation brings lots of fear and anxiety. Having to think about the future while still trying to enjoy your last few months of high school can cause stress to any student.

“I’m going to cry thinking about it. I have a lot to do and very little time.”, said senior, Taylor Broadwater.

This can get even more stressful when you have no idea what you want to do or where you want to go. Luckily, the counselors at WPHS have an ample amount of advice and resources to help with that college application stress. The Counseling Department offers college application assistance every Friday during activity period in room 226.

“Counselors are available during every Activity Period to answer any questions, and help you with any application.”, said Ms. Mathieu, one of Park’s finest counselors.

If you would like to attend application assistance, stop into the counseling office to receive a pass from Ms. Lexi! Another great resource Park has coming up on October 25th is the College Fair. This fair is open to all juniors and seniors and will feature over 80 different colleges and trade schools. 

“That’s a really good first step. You might hear about a major you like and lead you down that path.”, said Ms. Mathieu. 

Ms. Mathieu has many tips for undecided seniors.

“Research would be my biggest thing. Go and visit some places you’re thinking about because that will let you know how you feel on that campus.”, said Ms. Mathieu. 

Additionally, scholarship opportunities will be available in the Guidance Office starting in November until March. You can join the Scholarships 2023-2024 Schoology group with the code ZGH9-VCMD-MD7CP. There you can stay updated when new opportunities are announced.

If you’re feeling that college application anxiety, Wheeling Park High School has your back and wants each of its students to feel prepared and ready for what the future brings. If you have any questions or need any help, reach out to your counselor. They’ve sure got you covered with helpful advice and resources.