Mother’s Day

Mothers+Day

Mother’s Day is a special time for those who celebrate and there are many mothers here at Park! We asked some of them what they do on their special day to celebrate.

“We all go to church together and then we have lunch or dinner at someone’s house. Sometimes I’ll take my mom or mother in law out to do something special,” said Mrs. Abraham.

“I usually just spend time with family with both my mother and mother in law. Now it’s extra special because I have two little ones and they typically make me breakfast or homemade gifts which are always very thoughtful,” said Mrs. Conley.

“Normally my kid takes me fishing because that’s what he wants to do on Mother’s Day and I sit and watch him because he is ten, and that is what we’ve done for the past few years,” said Mrs. Redilla.

Many people celebrate differently for this important day. We also asked some mothers what it means to them to be a mother.

“Mother’s Day is super important to me because I get to celebrate my mother who is an amazing lady. But I also celebrate becoming a mother, which is my favorite job,” Ms. Lexi said.

“Being a mother is the most important job I’ve ever had in my life and it’s the only job I have ever wanted. But as a teacher I feel like a mother to more kids other than just my own which makes my heart feel much better,” said Mrs. Seals.

Happy Mother’s Day to all of those who celebrate, we hope you have an amazing day!