Batter Up! Softball is Back

The 2023-2024 Softball Team Photo submitted courtesy of Rylie Braunlich

Wheeling Park’s softball team’s is celebrating their seniors tonight versus Oak Glen. 

After losing nine seniors last year, the three rising seniors have big shoes to fill. “We had nine seniors so that’s like literally losing a whole field of people,” said Katelyn Kozlowski. The team opened their season with an away game in early March with a landslide win against Parkersburg 13-2.  

The underclassmen are expected to step up for this year’s season. “I feel like we have to help lead the new underclassmen to the victories like the nine seniors last year, ” said Rylie Braunlich. “As a team, all the new varsity players have to work together”

The team has been playing for over a month and has a record of 11 wins and 16 losses. “Our season is going pretty good, there was basically a whole new varsity team this year so I think we have done good playing as a team,” said Braunlich. 

They just recently had a big win against the Morgantown Mohigans two to one. “it was a big win for us and I knew we could do it,” said Braulich.