New Counselor Spotlight: Alexa Logsdon

New Counselor Spotlight: Alexa Logsdon

In the world of education, the role of a school counselor is always of great importance. We are proud to welcome Alexa Logsdon as our brand-new counselor here at Wheeling Park High School. With a fresh perspective and a passion for guiding students toward success, Ms. Logsdon plays the perfect role for what the students need.

Even though Ms. Logsdon works full-time here at Park, she is also a student at Pennsylvania Western University. “I am now online, I started there in person and transferred to online last semester so I could move home and get out of my little apartment,” said Logsdon. 

Ms. Logsdon is working hard to receive her master’s in school counseling. “I also got a certification in student affairs, so if I wanted to, I could go work at a college,” said Logsdon.

We strive to create a well mannered and supportive community here at Wheeling Park. Ms. Logsdon claims, “What I like best about this school is the environment that I am in. I have not met an unfriendly face yet, and I really enjoy working with all of the other counselors, they have been very friendly and so very helpful with me transitioning into my first real job.”

With a background in psychology, she brings a unique skill set to our school. She is also still adapting to the wide range of student needs, whether it includes academic planning, emotional and social support, or career exploration. 

In the end, having Ms. Logsdon here at our school embodies the essence of compassionate guidance that every student deserves. Once again, we are very proud to welcome Ms. Logsdon to a place that will allow her influence to shape many journeys to success and well-being. And always remember to be Positive, Attentive, Respectful, and to Keep Going.