Should We Give Second Chance Breakfast, a Second Chance?

Picture this: you are walking to DG from your second period, taking your sweet old time because you know your teacher won’t care if you’re a little late. You walk in and see the kids you’ll be with your entire high school career. You hear your DG teacher call, “Second chance breakfast anyone?” You tell the teacher your requests and see a student take the bag and leave. You chat with your friends as you see the student come back in with your breakfast. Just as you go to grab your breakfast- you wake up in a cold sweat. You realize that it was all a dream and that we no longer have second-chance breakfast during DG.

On September 7th, the student council candidates gave their speeches, and many of them said that they wanted the old second-chance breakfast back. Claire McFadden, Sophomore Treasurer, has a suggestion on how to keep the chaos down, while still pleasing the students. She believes that we should have baskets in everyone’s DG full of bars so students can eat, but not disturb the flow.

Everyone had their favorites “I liked the cini minis” Emily Ross says. “My favorite second-chance breakfast item is the pancakes with the sausage in between” Jerome Maynard states. My personal favorite is the classic blue bar.

Most people loved the second-chance because it was easy to access food. Now you have to go out of your way to get it, and most students don’t have the time or energy to do that. Students who have a 6th period lunch have a long time to wait before they get to eat at school. It would just be better if we brought it back, but with some modifications.

In my opinion, we should definitely bring back second-chance breakfast to DG. It doesn’t have to be as difficult for the lunch ladies, and the students will finally be happy again.