Elliana Mccabe looks back on the 2023-2024 school year.
A Year in Review
May 16, 2024
Custom canva design
Take It From Us
May 16, 2024
Runners gliding over hurdles.
Track States
May 15, 2024

April Floods Bring May Buds

Spring has sprung at Wheeling Park High School as the flowers grown by our greenhouse class have begun to sprout. With Mother’s Day around the corner, we honorably invite those interested in purchasing some of our many selections of flowers to brighten your homes.

All agricultural classes are involved in helping with the enticing hands-on work along with teachers Mr. Headley and Mr. Bloomfield.  Bloomfield, teacher to our greenhouse class, explains the development and the process of growing the flowers.

“A lot of prep time getting the pots filled and we do cuttings. Starting in January and leading to February is the start of the process where the plants will begin to root. From there we hand water the plants every day until March is when we start putting them into baskets. Then we will just let them grow into what they are today,” said Bloomfield.

For the purchasing procedure, students and staff placed their various collections of flowers into hanging baskets and 4.5-inch pots. The baskets are $17 and the pots are only $2.50. The prices remain the same for any type of flower provided to allow those to bring the beautiful hues to where they wish.

However, our flower sale isn’t just about enhancing your surroundings- it’s also an opportunity to support our students and their direct learning experience. With every purchase, it invests in the future of our 

community, empowering the students to cultivate valuable skills and knowledge in the agricultural field. 

So mark your calendars and join us to view the attractions of the accomplishments our students have created. The sale promises to inspire, delight, and add color to your life. You can immerse yourself in our greenhouse full of vibrant colors as you explore the stunning selection of flowers. Don’t miss out and come bloom with us!