Student Spotlight: Madeline Bradshaw

Photo taken by Jill Bradshaw.

Sophomore Madeline Bradshaw fully lives up to the phrase “Experience the Park.” Not only does she participate in many activities, but she excels in each and every one of them.

Bradshaw is an exceptional tennis player. She is the one seed for the tennis team at Park, and it is expected that she will be ranked third in the state when the rankings are released.

Bradshaw plays singles, an individual match, and doubles, a match with one other teammate against two opposing players. She travels all over the East Coast to places like Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Virginia for tennis tournaments outside of school.

Tennis isn’t the only sport Madeline shines in, as she is the outside hitter and defensive specialist for the volleyball team. Bradshaw played club volleyball for five years but didn’t play this past year because of tennis.

“I like tennis better because I’ve been playing it longer but volleyball brings a great team aspect because you’re all working together as one, whereas in tennis you still have to compete against your teammates,” Bradshaw said.

Even though she has a busy extracurricular schedule with sports consuming a lot of her time, Bradshaw still focuses diligently in the classroom, maintaining a high honors GPA. Bradshaw takes challenging classes such as AP geography, AP psychology, and AP statistics, and her favorite class is Anatomy.

Madeline is involved with multiple clubs including Key Club, Drug Free Club, and Linguistics, and she is the secretary for the sophomore class on Student Council. Bradshaw has an abundance of achievements and recognitions, such as being in the National Spanish Honors Society and being named All-State for tennis, and she always makes time to hang out with her friends.

Madeline Bradshaw truly engages in everything that Park has to offer, and she will only have more opportunities for involvement in the future.