Elliana Mccabe looks back on the 2023-2024 school year.
A Year in Review
May 16, 2024
Custom canva design
Take It From Us
May 16, 2024
Runners gliding over hurdles.
Track States
May 15, 2024

Let Lacrosse Begin

It’s almost here, Wheeling Park Boys Lacrosse season is about to begin and they are more ready than ever before. Even though Meltdown is March 9th, our boys have been conditioning since the end of November.

Coach Cadwell, our boys head coach, has imposed a strong work ethic in our team which is the base of every training session.  

“Respect and discipline are huge in my coaching tactics. Even though I am a young coach my ways are old school. I ask these kids to not only respect me, but their fellow teammates, refs, opposing teams, but the game itself. Everything we do this year is for a purpose.”

Most of the time the players hate it but they understand that in order to play at a high level and win a state championship they must do the things they hate, as if they loved them. Talent will get us far but discipline and obsession will win us States,” said Coach Cadwell.

Primary goal for this upcoming season is to win a State Championship. I’m not saying that just to say it I truly believe that this team has what it takes to overcome the adversity of last year and rise to greatness.

— Coach Cadwell

“I expect to have a good season, I’m confident in our ability to win a State Championship,” said Jimmy Gilson, the starting Varsity goalie. 

“I expect Park’s boys Lacrosse to go undefeated or almost undefeated and win States,” said Tiny D’accione, Varsity member.

“This year we are going to try and get the student body more involved. Not many people understand this game; however, you don’t need to fully understand to enjoy it.”

We have seven of our 12 games at home this year at Wheeling Island Stadium. Other students showing up and cheering us on makes more of a difference than you know,” said Cadwell on student involvement.