Park Profile: Jacob Kuntz

Stories featuring people in and around our community doing their ordinary but extraordinary things.

Climbing aboard on the journey of college life means saying your goodbyes to the comfort of home. Jacob Kuntz would be one of those people. Kuntz is an individual embarking on the fascinating journey of college away from home, which means leaving the familiar embrace of family and hometown behind. Nonetheless, kUNTZ sees this opportunity as a personal adventure for growth and self-discovery.

“I like making my own choices and having the freedom to experience new things,” said Jacob Kuntz, a freshman in college.

College isn’t always easy, and adjusting to the new environment surrounding you takes some time. “When I want to do work, I try to find a secluded place that isn’t my dorm so that I can focus and get stuff done. If I’m in my room, it’s far more likely that I’ll get distracted,” said Kuntz. 

The decision to study in a new city isn’t just an academic pursuit for Jacob; it’s an immersive experience

“Being away from home might be tough at times, but it’s a necessary step. It fuels my appreciation for the support system I have and teaches me the importance of resilience,” said Kuntz.

Even when Jacob is away at college, he still brings himself to find ways to connect with his family at home. “I stay in touch with my family with Snapchat Streaks. That’s it,” said Kuntz.

As Jacob takes this leap, there’s a realization that “college isn’t just a destination”. It is a place where you can make many memories and expand your social life. “I like watching movies and hanging out with friends,” said Jacob. With a blend of eagerness and determination, Jacob dives into the unknown, ready to discover and experience what college is really all about.