A teachers attendance record book
Attendance Check-in
February 28, 2024
Mr. Stanton holding the Wheeling flag.
History of Wheeling
February 28, 2024

Meet Mr. Porter

Mr. Brandon Porter is the new Earth and Space Science teacher here at Wheeling Park. “There are lots of different reasons [I wanted to be a teacher]… I got the opportunity to substitute teach one time…and right when I did it, as soon as I substitute taught, it was like, this is it. This is what I want to do,” said Porter.

Teaching also aligns with what he thinks is important in life. “I think it is important to have a positive impact on your community, and be a good role model for others, and help anyone with less knowledge than you gain knowledge,” said Porter.

Mr. Porter went to college here in West Virginia. “[I went to] Wheeling Jesuit University, which now it’s just Wheeling University, and then West Virginia University, and then West Liberty University,” said Porter.

There are a lot of things Mr. Porter loves to talk about. “I do love to talk about science, but I also love to talk about…stories. Whatever it might be, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or any of the other shows that I watch…the themes, and the creativity, and stories,” said Porter.

The five adjectives Mr. Porter said best describe him come from a personality trait test he took, that he thought fit well. “I would say that I’m strategic, I am adaptive, inclusive, individualistic, and, I’ll just say positive as the last one,” said Porter.