Elliana Mccabe looks back on the 2023-2024 school year.
A Year in Review
May 16, 2024
Custom canva design
Take It From Us
May 16, 2024
Runners gliding over hurdles.
Track States
May 15, 2024

Prepare for Picture Perfection

With homecoming just around the corner, it can be stressful trying to find places to take pictures this year- but don’t worry, because your fellow Patriots have some great recommendations for locations to take your homecoming pictures!

Bark Camp is beautiful with its lake and all the trails, yet it is quite a drive. The drive is around 25 minutes so you might be cutting time on dinner plans.

“I got my pictures taken at Bark Camp. There’s a little beach by the lake. It was kind of a drive, but if you put the directions in the GPS, it was fine,” said Dena Walton.

Everyone has different ideas about what they would like for their background to look like. Having more options helps to find the right spot for you and your group’s personal aesthetic/color scheme. Oglebay has many places to take pictures at. Such as: the mansion, the waterfall, and the fountain. Although it’s nice, it may be crowded due to everyone taking pictures here.

“I got mine at Oglebay. I liked that there were flowers and my friends were there. The water fountain and the view were pretty,” Tiarah Sutphin said.

Another popular place that many people took pictures at was the Waterfront. With its river view and scenic landscape, it is a great place for pictures.

“I took pictures at the Waterfront. I didn’t really like it at the water, I liked it more by the trees,” Baylie Morgan said.

“I liked it because you had the river in the back. It was real pretty,” said Jamar Creighton.

The Waterfront is nice with the river as a view, and the tree space has nice scenery. The only problem with coming here is that it is right in town so there could be others walking around.

Don’t stress about homecoming photos, because there are tons of places to get them taken at. You can always ask a fellow classmate or upperclassmen for advice. Have a great homecoming!