Cafe 1925: Great Coffee, Better People

As we enter the new school year, the stress caused by the academic load and extracurricular activities lessens our hours of sleep more and more, and the need for caffeine in the morning astronomically increases. Avid coffee drinkers know the struggle of trying to drive up to the Highlands Starbucks or dealing with the long lines in the one inside Kroger, while still making it to school on time. Luckily, there’s a new, closer place to get your morning latte located right at the bottom of Park Hill. Cafe 1925, recently opened in Wheeling Park’s, White Palace. 

Upon walking into Cafe 1925 you’re sure to be greeted with smiling faces and welcoming conversation. The cafe features a friendly staff of five ex-Starbucks employees, so they really know what they’re doing, and an array of baristas, many of whom attend Wheeling Park High School.

Hailey Danner, a supervisor at Cafe 1925 had this to say about her co-workers, “It feels more like a family, than a job.” 

Barista and senior at Wheeling Park High School, Rylin Russell, agreed saying, “I just love the general Wheeling Park community. It’s such a great work environment. I love all my managers, my shift managers. It’s really just so fun to work here.”

Although, Cafe 1925 isn’t technically a “real” Starbucks, the cafe still features most of your favorite Starbucks drinks and flavors, “We are a franchised Starbucks which is only slightly different because we are owned by Wheeling Park. There’s just a few flavors we don’t carry like Toffee Nut and our food’s different, but you can still come in and get your favorite drink and a warm welcome!” said Hailey Danner.

The regulars at Cafe 1925 definitely feel the warm atmosphere. When asked what keeps him coming back to Cafe 1925, Gerald Elliot, a longtime Wheeling resident and regular who visits the cafe nearly every day, had this to say, “Well first off it’s convenient to where I live. And I come for the people. I used to see Mik and Hailey up at the Highlands Starbucks, and I’d drive all the way up there to see them, but now I don’t have to. Also, they make the best drinks.” 

The cafe just recently opened a mobile site, so you can order your drinks ahead of time at cafe1925.buy-ondemand.com. Cafe 1925 is open 6 am-9 pm every day of the week. So, the next time you’re craving a pumpkin spice latte or even a strawberry acai refresher, instead of trekking up to the Highlands, stop into Cafe 1925 for some delicious food and drinks and friendly faces. It’ll surely be worth your while.

View Comments (1)
$150
$500