Galentine’s Day

Galentines Day

Jana Schodzinski, Business Manager

Valentine’s Day is a holiday to celebrate romantic relationships, but how does one celebrate when they don’t have a significant other? Don’t fret, as a new holiday tradition has emerged; Galentine’s Day!. Galentine’s Day falls on February 13, the day before Valentine’s Day. It is a day to celebrate your friends instead of romantic relationships. Buy a box of chocolates, some conversation hearts, put on a festive outfit, and go out with your friends! To me, that sounds much more fun than going on a boring date with someone you hardly know!. 

For some inspiration on how to celebrate Galentine’s Day, I interviewed some WPHS students to see what their plans for Galentine’s Day are. 

Will Medovic says, “I’m going to celebrate Galentine’s day by hanging out with my friends and stuff.” 

Anna Contraguerro says, “I plan to go to Fusion Japanese Steakhouse and Russel Stover chocolates with my family.” 

Katie Fritter says, “I plan to just hang out with my friends, eat some cake, and maybe give each other some stuffed animals.”

Grace O’neil says, “This year, I’m going to use Galentine’s Day as an excuse to FaceTime and reconnect with some old friends.” 

In conclusion, there is no shame in hanging out with your friends on Valentine’s Day instead of a significant other; in fact, many people prefer this! I wish you a very happy Galentine’s Day.