Categories:

Here Comes Homecoming!

The crowns await the winners in Mrs. Dailer's office.
The crowns await the winners in Mrs. Dailer’s office.
Nevaeh Mavety

The Homecoming dance is Saturday October 5th and will be held at Wheeling Park High School.

Student Council set Spirit Week themes which will run from September 30th through October 3rd in school. Students are encouraged to dress-up and participate in school themes which are:

Monday – Spirit Day /PARK Theme

Tuesday – Beach/Luau

Wednesday – Y2k Wednesday

Thursday – Jersey Thursday

Friday October 4th is a Professional Learning day but the home football game is a Pink Out.

“My main goal is to make sure everyone has fun and be safe,” said assitant principal and long-time planner of the Homecoming weekend, Mrs. Bugaj The dance itself is a red,white, and blue theme.

Kings and Queens are excited for the homecoming and the homecoming parade 2024.

The people who got picked for the homecoming court are: Alexis Bordas, Anna Brannare, Ciera Faulstick, Bethany Greathouse, Lexi Irwin, Trinity Kimmins, Harper Moores, Reese Moores, Kaitlin Ortiz, and  Katelyn Smith are Queen candidates.

“It’s my last homecoming at Park so I’m excited to spend time with my friends and have a good time,” said Reese Moore

For the boys homecoming court King candidates are: Gavin Border, Jacob Hays, Coldin Burkhart, Sam Kiger, Trey Kocher, Jameson Maynard, AJ Seals, Maxwell Seibert, Noah Short, and Jayden Woods-Davis.

“I’m excited for my senior year of homecoming. I feel like it will be fun and I’ll make a lot of memories,” said Noah Short

Mrs. Bugaj starts planning homecoming at the beginning of the school year. She starts by looking for a DJ and ordering crowns for the homecoming court. She also ensures everyone has permission slips including permission slips for outside students wanting to attend our homecoming. For the dance, students must have passing grades, cannot have more than 5 parent notes cannot have been suspended or written up, or have any un-coded absences to enter this year’s homecoming.

$300
$500