Categories:

Marching into the 2024-2025 Band Season

The half time show theme for the 2024-2025 season is "Impact." The band wants to make an impact on their audience and community.
The half time show theme for the 2024-2025 season is “Impact.” The band wants to make an impact on their audience and community.
Amber Parsons

As we get back into the swing of things for the 2024-2025 school year, the Wheeling Park High School Marching Band is already bars ahead. Starting in May right after school was let out, the band started up the first rehearsals of the year, practicing the new field show music, introducing the new freshman to the high school band environment, and overall preparing for what the year would bring. In August, band camp was in session. All the band members would meet at the high school from 8 am-4 pm every day for 2 weeks. During band camp, the members would practice marching the field show, getting ready for the spectacular movements. 

After months of practicing the field show was then ready to be shown to the public. It is safe to say that the students did knock the ball out of the park with their performance.

“The first marching show was exquisite, and I can not wait to see what our next performance will bring,” said band director Mr. Birch. 

Avah Young conducts the band as Field Commander.

Avah Young is the 2024-2025 field commander for the band. This job is a very important one. Avah does things such as directing and works closely with band members as well as Mr Birch. Without Avah there would not be a coordinated field show. 

“I am beyond proud of every band member for putting in their best work!” said Young. 

Band lined up ready for the big football team entrance.

Layce Fickey is a senior at Wheeling Park High School. She is a 7-year flutist and is the flute section leader for the band. She does an amazing job at making sure everyone is taken care of and their needs are met. “ I think this year’s field show is one of the best yet” said Fickey.

Grayson Campbell is a sophmore at Wheeling Park High School. He is a member of the band, and happens to be on the football team as well.

“The band did a great job, it was definitely nerve-wrenching to be the only one in a football uniform having all eyes on me,” said Campbell.

Seeing all of the support from his family and peers, it goes to really show that anybody can do anything that they put their mind to. This is also a great example of not having to pick and choose what you want to do at Wheeling Park.  You can always make the room for the things you love with a little determination and support.

As the season progresses, the band continues to work their best to be the Pride of Ohio County!

$300
$500