Natalie Daugherty Surpasses 1,000 points

Natalie+shooting+a+free+throw+against+rival%2C+Morgantown.+
Coach Bud
Natalie shooting a free throw against rival, Morgantown.

Natalie Daugherty surpassed 1,000 points on February 23rd versus Morgantown for the sectional title. 

Natalie’s passion for basketball started from a young age and grew from there.

“I started playing basketball when I was about 4 and never stopped playing since. I think starting that young I built a passion for the game and I made a lot of lifelong friendships along the way,” said Daugherty.

Natalie put in plenty of work to achieve 1,000 points, and with the help of supportive teammates, she reached her goal. 

“I got shots up almost every day and still do and I think that’s what helped me reach 1,000. My team definitely helped me reach this accomplishment, they are great teammates on and off the court and are very supportive,“ said Natalie. 

Coach Young talks about Natalie as a player. 

“I would describe Nat as a great two-way player – she can shoot the 3, drive the ball, and is an excellent on-ball defender. Natalie always gives 100% effort on the court – she plays for her teammates and you couldn’t ask for more from a player who puts it on the line for the team,” said Coach Young. 

Natalie joins her teammates, Lala Woods and Alexis Bordas, in the 1,000 point club.

“It feels really good to have accomplished this achievement, I wouldn’t have been able to do it without my teammates and I think it’s really cool how we have three 1,000 points scorers on one team,” said Daugherty.

Coach Young talks about what is like to have three 1,000 point scorers on the same team.

“To have 3 1,000 point scorers is pretty special – they all have put the work in since they were young and deserve to be recognized as some the best players to ever come through Wheeling Park – they will be the first ones to give their teammates credit for helping them achieve this milestone,” said Coach Young.

Natalie is a four-year letterman, 2023 OVAC Champ, and AAAA WVSAC state champion. Daugherty plans to continue playing basketball in college, but remains undecided as of now.