Golden Apple Award

Being nominated for an award is an exciting thing, though when you’re a teacher, and the parent of your student nominates you, then you know you’re doing something right. That person is Mrs. Davis, who is a part of the SUCCEED Department, and you’ll typically see her in the halls walking from class to class with Nick Parsons. The award that she won was The Golden Apple Award, which is given every month by WTRF and The Health Plan to a nominated teacher around the Valley. 

Though the winner isn’t told that they won until the WTRF Cameras and $500 Check make an appearance in front of the winner. That holds true for Mrs. Davis, who walked into the Main Office unbeknownst to her of why she was being called down. When she walked in, “I was staring at a really big check with my name on it……and I was looking at a camera crew,” said Davis. She went on to say that she thought they had the wrong person. 

“She is dependable and willing to jump in and assist when needed. Mrs. Davis truly cares about the students’ success,” said SUCCEED Department Chair Mrs. Rice. She also said that she works with teachers as well to help other students, not just Nick, reach their goals. 

When you see Mrs. Davis in the halls, or in a class with Nick, she will always be able to help kids or the teacher with just about anything, and will always be the first to say hello. “My golden rule is to always be nice to others.”