Elliana Mccabe looks back on the 2023-2024 school year.
A Year in Review
May 16, 2024
Custom canva design
Take It From Us
May 16, 2024
Runners gliding over hurdles.
Track States
May 15, 2024

Girls’ basketball team slaughtered Parkersburg South on Senior Night, 85-35

Ryan Young

The Girls’ basketball team defeated Parkersburg South on Thursday, January 11th, 85-35, in honor of their seniors. 

Pulling away in the first quarter, our girls held Parkersburg South to 6 points in the first and fourth quarters.

They started the night out honoring their four seniors: Merritt Delk, Jillian Huffman, Natalie Daugherty, and Ryliegh Hicks. 

Merritt Delk #10: Four-year letterman, Toledo University Soccer commit.

“Merritt always sets the tone at practice and games, she doesn’t do anything halfway and gives it her all,” said Kaylee Hunt, varsity team member. “Along with her dedication, she makes everyone laugh and is fun to have around.”

Jillian Huffman #20: Four-year letterman, West Liberty University Volleyball commit.

Jillian has made me a better player and teammate because she always leads by example on how to act,” said Alexis Bordas, varsity team member. “She always plays hard, keeps a positive attitude, and is an uplifting teammate.”

Natalie Daugherty #21: Four-year letterman, undecided.

“Watching Nat play is truly an inspiration,” said Allena Dalton, varsity team member. “Her hustle and dedication on and off the court is unmatched. Watching her play throughout the years has really motivated me and makes me want to be a better player. One thing I’ve always admired about Nat is how hardworking she is. She’s always the first one up and down the court and hustles every single play. She’s always working to be better at everything she does. She’s truly one of the hardest workers I know.”

Ryliegh Hicks #23: Two-year letterman, Marshall University. 

“Ryliegh has made me a better player and teammate by always knowing what to say to lift me up and knowing how to explain things without getting irritated,” said Maggie Hupp, varsity team member. “One trait Ryliegh has that I admire is the energy and hustle she always has. She comes to practice ready to play and put in 100% effort at all times.”