Best Principal of the Year

Photo submitted by Mrs. Dailer from the Annual Leaders of Education Conference

Wheeling Park High School’s very own principle won an award that means a lot to our school. Meredith Dailer was awarded “Principal of the Year for 2024” by the West Virginia Association of Secondary School Principals. She feels very honored to have been given this and what it can mean for Park.

“A lot of the work I do is meant to put Park in the best light,” said Mrs. Dailer

I think by just putting up awards of me or the students, it helps promote what an amazing school Wheeling Park is

— Mrs. Dailer

This is obviously shown by just how much work she has put into this school. Most of the changes she has made to Park have been for the better. As in redoing the main entrance and putting up a wall for all the previous valedictorians. She cares about the school.

“I think by just putting up awards of me or the students, it helps promote what an amazing school Wheeling Park is,” Mrs. Dailer said.

Mrs. Dailer is all about “yes.” She has a plaque on her desk that says “Start with Yes” and she lives by that motto when it comes to this school. She really tries to remember this when kids or teachers come to her and ask for anything. She will try her hardest to accomplish it.

Mrs. Dailer is an awesome principal and Wheeling Park is very proud to the top principal in the state.