Staff Spotlight: Alliya Duritza

Some people think that the glue of a team is communication, while, it might just be the trainer behind the scenes, who has to glue players back together to keep them functioning. 

Alliya Duritza is the newest member of the training staff, starting here back in July. Being a student-athlete herself, she found her passion through an injury, “When I was in high school, I tore my ACL and went to rehab and kind of understood the mental aspect of it. So I was always interested in the medical field and figured I like sports and I can help athletes since I’ve been there, and yeah, I just really want to help people,” said Duritza .

As multiple sports began to pick up, while others wrap up, Duritza balances going in and checking on each team, helping athletes, as well as setting up for games, “It can be a lot at times, but I just need to make rounds, go where I’m needed. Go from there, see who needs me for the day and where they are in the week and what I gotta do,” said Duritza. 

If you have ever been near the trainer’s office near the start of practice, you will see plenty of different athletes walking in and out. Some go into the office to roll out, get tapped, or for treatment, while some are just in there for moral support for their teammate, and a quick conversation with Duritza . Duritza’s day consists of many tasks, “So a day in my life, I usually will get here, do rehab, set up for practices if needed, check in with coaches, check in if after the weekend if a game happened. But yeah, it’s just kind of being flexible,” said Duritza . 

For some professions, you start small and work your way up to the big league. For Duritza, the big league isn’t her goal, “Fun fact, I don’t really have a desire to go into professional sports. I’ve told everyone, once I find my place, and find my people, I’m usually good to go. The people at Park have been so welcoming and so nice that I can see myself sticking around for a while,” said Duritza . 

“Alliya has become a big part of my game for hockey and soccer. She goes above and beyond each day to do whatever it takes to make me feel ready for a game,” said junior Anna Brannare on how big of an impact Duritza has made on her.

“Just talking to people, making connections, sharing stories, and making people feel better,” said Duritza , as she talked about her favorite part of her job.