Small Business Spotlight: Bite Me Bakery

Photo+Credit+Bite+Me+Bakery+on+Facebook.+
Photo Credit Bite Me Bakery on Facebook.

Wheeling is home to a multitude of small businesses, and one local bakery with raging good reviews is Bite Me Bakery. Conveniently located at The Centre Market House in Downtown Wheeling, the bakery opened two years ago and is an amazing place to visit, especially with its walkable location.

“I wanted to open an establishment that would allow me to be creative while offering locals the sweet treats they know and love with a little twist,” owner Courtney Mizwa said.

Courtney is proud to be a homemade baker, which makes her different from other bakeries. Anything you get from Bite Me Bakery is made from scratch.

“I believe you can taste the difference in homemade and it’s worth the effort that people are proving they appreciate,” Mizwa said.

Many of us learn to cook and bake from our mom or grandma, and that’s exactly where Courtney learned her skills.

I wanted to open an establishment that would allow me to be creative while offering locals the sweet treats they know and love with a little twist

— Courtney Mizwa

“They taught me the basics of all the recipes that I use today,” said Mizwa.

Being a small business always has its struggles, and many of these businesses struggle in their own way. Bite Me Bakery struggles in the sense that they sell to a tough market because of the family-favorite baked goods they make and sell. However, being a small business also has many benefits.

“It allows you to modify yourself to what the locals want. If you’re not willing to adapt, you will not succeed,” said Mizwa.

Courtney is actually not a native of the Ohio Valley, but she expresses that locals are very supportive of small businesses.

“We love our location within the market community. We are looking forward to seeing how the market and Wheeling grow and we are excited to adapt with it,” said Mizwa.

You can get a very interesting assortment of sweet treats at Bite Me Bakery, such as French macaroons, donuts, cakes, and more. You can view their whole menu and hours on their website: thebitemebakery.com/menu. Located at 2137 Market Street in Wheeling, make sure to stop down and get a sweet treat to satisfy that sweet tooth!