Elliana Mccabe looks back on the 2023-2024 school year.
A Year in Review
May 16, 2024
Custom canva design
Take It From Us
May 16, 2024
Runners gliding over hurdles.
Track States
May 15, 2024

Local Legends: The Bellaire House

The Bellaire House, located in Bellaire, Ohio,  has been referred to as one of the most haunted houses in the world.

“The house has multiple spirits who reside. It’s due to a ley line and 17 portals,” Kristen Lee, owner of The Bellaire House stated. The home has been featured on many national television stations such as Travel Channel, Destination America, A&E, and Lifetime. From the outside, the home looks like your typical house sitting on top of a hill. But this said “hill” is actually a coal mine, which serves as one of many portals for the spirits. The home actually gained its reputation when the house was sitting empty, and neighbors had claimed to have seen “people roaming around in the house or peeking out of the windows,” according to their website.

The home is also very close to one of the sights of the French and Indian War. There were many deaths, and it took days to recover all the bodies. One of the times the home was sold, there were Catholic Rituals done to get rid of the spirits. But as we can tell today, that did not work. 

You can actually book a stay in The Bellaire House. There is absolutely no staying by yourself! No rituals are allowed, no closing of the portals, and no calling of demonic energy. Always park at your own risk, and make sure your car is locked so no spirits get in there.

If you’re looking for a spooky Halloween experience, or you’re into paranormal activities, The Bellaire House is for you! You can find more information and more history on their website at bellairehousetours.com.